We are very excited to announce that we are now carrying food grade fossil shell flour Diatomaceous Earth. Our Fossil Shell Flour is Pure Freshwater Diatomaceous Earth. It is of the highest quality available, being greater than 99.5% amorphous silica and less than 1/2% crystalline silica. Fossil Shell Flour Diatomaceous Earth is used for internal and external use. The popularity of Diatomaceous Earth is the result of word-of-mouth testimonials from consumers who are very enthusiastic about the results they have experienced.
Diatomaceous earth or DE is a white powder that is composed of crushed skeletons of organisms called diatoms. Because DE is made up of bits of skeletons, it is a microscopic material that is very sharp, almost like crushed glass.
Internal parasite control
DE can be used as a treatment for internal parasites in pets because the sharp and jagged edges of the diatom skeletons pierce and scratch the protective covering on insects. This causes they to dry up and die. It does not harm the pet because animals have tougher skin.
External parasite control
DE is a very effective material that can be used to kill external parasites like fleas and ticks on pets. It is a natural, rather than a chemical treatment. It does not cause any harm to the animal’s skin or fur, but it will cut and scratch the skin of fleas or ticks as they crawl over and through it on the animal.
How to use
There are several ways to use DE. For the treatment of internal parasites, it can be mixed into the animal’s food. For fleas and ticks, DE is dusted or sprayed onto the skin and fur. It should also be sprinkled over the pet’s bed and blankets to eradicate the parasites that are living there.
When using DE, it is important to wear a face respirator and goggles so the powder does not get into your eyes, nose or mouth. You also need to be careful not to get it in your pet’s eyes. Only use a food-grade DE in animal feed, not the type that is used in swimming pools.
Perma-Guard Fossil Shell Flour / Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Safe for internal and external use.
100% Non-Toxic – will not harm children, pets, livestock, poultry, plants, or the planet.
It is an inert mineral dust of natural origin, contains no synthetic chemicals
Made from freshwater fossilized shells called diatoms, it comes in the form of a chalky powder, much like flour.
Odor free, tasteless, and has an indefinite shelf life.
Originally granted a patent to be added to animal food.
Known worldwide for its extremely pure quality of Diatomaceous Earth (DE), Perma-Guard DE is an eco-friendly naturally organic material from the purest fresh water source. Diatomaceous Earth is the fossilized remains of microscopic shells created by one-celled plants called Diatoms. Not all deposits of diatomaceous earth or the diatoms present in those deposits are the same. The shape of the diatom must be tubular with holes on the walls. It is important to have a consistent shape diatom without any unwanted sediment and it must be fresh water because the diatoms form a harder shell and is less fragile than those in salt water. Salt-water deposits contain a mix of diatom species. These deposits shapes and sediments are inconsistent, making them unusable for our products. Of the 600 deposits in the US only four are considered “food grade” by FDA standards. Other food grade deposits may contain higher amounts of sediment and clay that make them less effective. After analyzing many other “Food Grade” deposits we are satisfied that Perma-Guard Fossil Shell Flour is the purest form of diatomaceous earth.
What Vets, researchers, Integrated Pest Management, and users of quality Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth (DE) report:
* Improved digestion for all mammals. Absorbs viruses and bacteria-passes them for the body. Kills stomach and intestinal parasites better than toxic poisons-with No Side Effects.
* Improves bone structure.
* Gives hair more body and shiny appearance.
* Remove harmful bacteria from the upper intestinal tract.
* Absorbent -useful for spill clean-up. The U.S. Center for Disease Control recommends it to clean up toxic liquid spills.
* Beneficial as a soil additive-safe for earth worms.
* Reduce fly hatch. Keeps fly larvae from developing in manure, noticeably reducing the fly population.
* Stop animals from licking holes, chewing fence posts. Cows from eating dirt.
* With feed for chickens and turkeys – makes shells harder, reduced mortality rate, reduce odors, dries droppings quickly, reduces fly hatch.
* As a barrier against slugs and snails.
* To remove odors – shake on manure, urine, vomit, or spills to absorb odors and moisture.
* Reduces moisture and odors in barns, stalls, coops, kennel, litter boxes, compost piles, and other moist areas.
* In Europe and Asia this product is used extensively as a health and beauty product for hair, skin, nails, bones, and joints.
* As a feed additive for all mammals: reduce the smell of manure, reduce fly hatch, It is believed to remove viruses, and give the benefits from the 14 trace minerals.
* Reduce vet bills up to 75%
* Use in facial masks to absorb excess oils
* Added at a rate of 2% to pet food in the bag or bin. Prevents feed from getting stale or moldy.
* Fed to hogs or calves with scours – stops scours after one feeding.
* Kills many bugs by dehydration-environmentally safe
* Use to dust animals and animal bedding.
* Decreased mastitis.
* Use in cat litter to absorb moisture and odors.
* Lightly rub food grade diatomaceous earth into pets coat and bedding.
* Mix into soil for a soil conditioner. Will retain over 6 times its weight in moisture and will release it as the plants need it. It may also help with nematodes.
* On lawns, will retain moisture and prevent drought damage. Adds nitrogen to the soil
* On camping trips. Dust the ground where you intend to place your tent and camp area.
* Converts feed better.
* Better coat and hoof condition.
* Promotes shinier coats
* Reduces overall animal stress
* Colon cleanser
* Helps detox heavy metals, e-coli, bacteria, viruses, etc.
* Completely safe and non-toxic
* Stimulates basic metabolism
* Antifungal properties – good for garden fungal growth
* Dust under and behind appliances, in window sills, door thresholds and in attics and walls
* Used in seed and grain storage to keep dry and mold free indefinitely. Will allow seeds to sprout after years in storage.
* On lawns, will retain moisture and prevent drought damage.
* Keeps fly larvae from developing in manure, noticeably reducing the fly population. (Neighbors no longer complain about flies)
* In cattle- increased milk production
* In cattle- decreased mastitis
* Rub it onto bug bites and Poison Ivy or Oak, relieves the itch. Use dry or make a paste.
* Sprinkle the ground liberally on and around tree trunks also may be painted with a mixture of DE and water.
* In food animals and dairy cattle- no withdrawal prior to use of products
** Important! Do not confuse our products with the Diatomaceous Earth (DE) that is used in swimming pool filters! This type can harm you and your animals because of the different processing. The pool grade DE is chemically treated and partially melted and consequently contains crystalline silica which can be a respiratory hazard.